Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Politico parody

I'm deeply ambivalent about Politico, the newspaper cum website filled with political news and gossip. It lets us find out what all the various factions are saying and doing to win their political battles.  But much of its coverage is just reporting the one-sided releases of its sources. Just about every story is unbalanced, and the paper as a whole is a discordant hodgepodge. It also has the fake urgency of cable news, treating each story as breathtakingly significant. I used to read the comics as a kid; now I'd be embarrassed to do that. Similarly, I'm increasingly embarrassed to admit to reading Politico, but so far I can't stop.

I was pleased to see a parody of the paper by the New Republic, and I wanted to share it. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment