Monday, November 23, 2009

fresh woods and pastures new

Why? How does one justify using electrons and a slice of bandwidth when so many others are already doing a fine job?

1. Because it's there.
2. Because it's the 21st Century.
3. Because the rest of my family is already doing it.
4. Because I might occasionally have something worth sharing.
5. Because I want to join the debate on some important policy issues.

My professional interests focus on U.S. national security policy and the processes by which it is formulated and executed in both the executive and legislative branches of government. I am also keenly interested in the domestic political factors that shape policy. I also have personal interests -- in books, movies, food, and family, especially the grandchildren -- that may provoke postings.

I have been reluctant until now to launch a blog because I only want to do one like those I most enjoy reading, and I fear that that requires more time, effort, and resources than I can spare.

What I like is informed commentary and links to information I might otherwise miss. That's what I hope to provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment